Social Media Quick Guides
Social media is a huge topic in business as companies are trying to figure out how to maximize returns on investments, reach an online audience of millions, and continue to brand well. This trend to find a new audience online is slowly moving towards the church and with this unventured trail, we want to offer you some great insights into how to use social media well in ministry with volunteers, congregation members, and people who have not even been to your church yet.
- The average Facebook user spends 405 minutes a week on the social media site.
- 80% of social media users prefer to connect with brands through Facebook.
- 70% of Facebook users are on via their phone and 61% of them use it every day.
- 32% of all Internet users are using Twitter.
- Only 23% of tweets get a reply.
- 26% of retweets are incited by a request to retweet.
- The Google +1 button is used 5 billion times per day.
- Websites using the +1 button generate 3.5x the Google+ visits than sites without the button.
- Google+ active users spend over 60 minutes a day across Google products.
For the next several weeks, we will be doing a series of social media quick guides to help you get your church from nothing to running well on several different social media platforms. They will include the basics of using the specific network effectively, how to not use the network incorrectly, and how to take advantage of each network’s uniqueness. The culmination of all of these tips will be three new eBooks that we want to give exclusively to the ChurchTechToday community.
Below is a list of the topics that we will be covering over the next several weeks:
1) Facebook for Churches: Key to Social Media Success
2) Five Facebook Ideas for Churches
3) Twitter for Churches: Key to Social Media Success
4) Five Twitter Ideas for Churches
5) Google+ for Churches: Key to Social Media Success
6) Five Google+ Ideas for Churches
Written by Jeremy Smith // April 15, 2013 // Church Tech Today